The major highlights of the draw include the fact that the top six clubs in the betting avoided each other, although Spurs will face another Premier League club in Leicester City if they knock out Burnley first.
Another potential all Premier League clash is Southampton versus Crystal Palace if the Saints beat Ipswich in a replay.
All in all its a good draw for the Premier League sides although Stoke City who struggled to get past non-league Wrexham will not fancy a trip to Rochdale who put Nottingham Forest out on Saturday. Manchester United face another lower league side - this time Cambridge United away from home.
Arsenal face an even tougher test - away at Chris Hughton's Brighton and Tony Pulis could have hoped for a better draw than a Midlands derby - away to inform Birmingham City.
The draw in full:
- Southampton or Ipswich v Crystal Palace
- Cambridge United v Manchester United
- Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City
- Chelsea v Millwall or Bradford
- Derby County v Scunthorpe or Chesterfield
- Preston North End v Sheffield United
- Birmingham City v West Bromwich Albion
- Aston Villa v Bournemouth
- Cardiff City v Reading
- AFC Wimbledon or Liverpool v Bolton Wanderers
- Burnley or Tottenham v Leicester City
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Arsenal
- Rochdale v Stoke City
- Sunderland v Fulham or Wolves
- Doncaster or Bristol City v Everton or West Ham
- Manchester City v Middlesbrough