Quick enquiry
  • Sondico

Real Madrid believed to have tabled two offers for Spurs' Gareth Bayle as star misses Swansea game

eNewsletter
The Gareth Bayle transfer saga drags on as Spurs boss, Andre Villas-Boas has revealed he does not expect Gareth Bale to be at Tottenham's clash against Swansea on Sunday as he closes in on a move to Real Madrid.

Bale has not featured for Spurs so far this season as he sits on the sidelines with an injury, but his world-record transfer to Madrid looks set to go through this weekend.

The potential £85 million move would see Bale become the most expensive player in the world, overtaking the £80m Madrid paid for Cristiano Ronaldo when they signed him from Manchester United.

As Bale is currently out of the squad with an injury, Villas-Boas says there is no need for him to be at White Hart Lane for their second Premier League game of the campaign.

"We have no rules for or obligation for players not selected to be on the bench or in the stadium so I don't expect Gareth to be seen at the club," Villas-Boas said.

The deal has become complicated though as Real have tabled alternative bids, with a cash now bid of around £70 million, or a staged payment that could total £85 million. Spurs are believed to be pushing for more cash upfront having alreday spent £50 million on new transfers this summer.

Real have also removed images of a new Gareth Bayle shirt with the No 11 on it, after those running the club's retail website jumped the gun last week.

Jb

Web design by Brick technology Ltd.